How to Kickstart Your Healthy New Year Resolutions
If your New Year resolutions include health-related changes, you are not alone. Losing weight, exercising and changing eating habits are wildly popular for ringing in another season. Here is how compression socks can aid your health New Year’s resolutions.
Baby Steps Lead to Success
Most people falter in the first few weeks of the year regarding healthier eating and exercising. This is mostly because it takes work, and most of us try to do all the things at once. The best strategy is to start with baby steps and lead up to bigger things. Ideas you should consider:
- Write down what you want to accomplish. Make a list of your intentions and make sure the results are obtainable. Losing 50 pounds in 3 weeks is not a reasonable aspiration. It isn't easy and also not a safe way to do it. Set realistic goals to achieve.
- Focus on life change, not dieting. This is where many of us fail. Cutting out all of the carbs and sugar is an impossible task, quickly leading to discouragement and often quitting early on.
- Eat breakfast. The biggest mistake is skipping this important meal. Avoid sugary foods and replace them with lots of protein, fiber and good carbs.
- Establish a fun workout routine that you can do every day. Ensure that your exercise is a mixture to give your muscles a chance to recover and keep it interesting.
- Use a free app to track your food. This helps you know if you are on track with your calories, fat, sugar, protein, and fiber allotments.
- Allow yourself to choose a yummy cheat meal or dessert once a week or every couple of weeks. If you don't, your cravings go crazy, and you will end up overeating this type of food.
- Take time for yourself. Relax, read a book, go to the spa, or get a Mani/Pedi. The holidays are stressful, and this alone can add pounds or result in stress eating.
- Buddy up! Eating right and exercising with a friend or loved one makes it more fun and challenging. This also provides accountability, so pick someone excited about the prospect of persevering.
- The old saying 'if you fail to plan, you plan to fail' is true. Planning meals and fun exercise gives you a better chance at favorable outcomes.
- Choose appropriate shoes, socks, and attire for your new workout routine. Poor support, discomfort, and lack of moisture control are why working out becomes a chore. That is where Dr. Motion comes in. Our compression socks provide benefits like improved circulation and moisture control while being available in fun and quirky designs.
- Keep your written objectives clearly in your sight, like on the refrigerator or bathroom mirror.
- Making your new health routine fun, engaging, and appealing equates to a life change rather than just a short-term goal.
- Don't skip meals or diet. Instead, make healthy food choices.
- Planning and tracking are both essential keys to success.
- Invest in quality clothing, shoes and compression socks to inspire you to be active and provide comfort.
The benefits of athletic shoes and socks are a vital part of an active life. Dr. Motion socks are available in various lengths, colors, and styles to fit every need. Check out our latest arrivals to get a kick start on your health New Year's resolutions!
Disclaimer: This article provides information solely for educational purposes, including but not limited to text, graphics, images, and other materials contained herein. This article is not intended to substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or another qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.